Happy to be Home







Hi everyone...I arrived home on December 15th after traveling for a ridiculously long time, but I must say it was worth every minute in my seat on the plane(s)! The fog in Halifax almost kept us from landing and I was looking around for the nearest parachute...luckily my dear Julia brought her magic wand to the airport to meet me and it worked to clear the fog long enough for us to land. I was met at the airport by Robert, Julia, my mom and my Aunt Deirdre and Uncle Ian, as well as a camera guy from CTV, and the footage of me arriving home was on the news that night. Julia ran into my arms, which was a better welcome than I could have hoped for! She stared at me for a long time, as if she couldn't believe it was really me. In the morning, Stephen woke up a little grumpy and after an initial few minutes of shyness he was all over me and wouldn't let me go! I was so relieved that they were both so easy to come home to!
The next night we had a wonderful party with live music - Louis on the guitar and Dave on the fiddle - it was like the Lower Deck in our house! I'm still not sure how I managed to keep myself awake, but I think adrenaline had a lot to do with it...had a great time with so many of our friends and family and it was amazing to see everyone again.
Monday morning Robert and I did another interview with Seamus on Canada AM, which was lots of fun...I am starting to feel like a bit of a celebrity for some reason...I'll give out autographs on request ;-) just kidding, but it's an amazing keepsake to have all these interviews and footage of this experience in our lives.
It is difficult to be here knowing that I have to go back over - I feel like I can't get involved in everything again because it will be that much harder to leave again. Nonetheless it is wonderful to be here, I have thoroughly enjoyed spending Christmas in my house with my family and I feel very lucky.
Must run...I've forgotten what it's like with kids demanding all my attention! Not much time for blogging...
til next time,
Love Lindsay

1 Comments:
Lovely pictures. We are glad you are having a great time. Hope your Christmas was fantastic (silly me, of course it was), we enjoyed our first one in the new house - a lot of work but we are almost there. All the best for the new year, hopefully we'll be able to come see you in the spring.
Big Krams and Skal
Mia & Paz
Post a Comment
<< Home